All personal data provided to TeamUp are processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta – “the Act”), Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation – “the Regulation”) and any other European Union (“EU”) and national law in relation thereto.
Who we are?
TeamUp Recruiting and Crew Management (short “TeamUp”) specializes in connecting seafarer to ship owner or ship manager.
TeamUp is registered at:
Swieqi SWQ 2033
Our website address is: https://teamup-management.com
And the Company Registration Number is C94938
Contact the CEO Pierre Martin under
info (at) teamup-management (dot) com
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “TeamUp”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to TeamUp Recruiting and Crew Management, Poseidon, Tal-Ibrag Road, Swieqi SWQ 2033.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: Malta
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to TeamUp, accessible from www.teamup-management.com
- You or your refers to the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City., Country
- Workplace, Position and Rank
- Payment information
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Information from Third-Party Social Media Services
You may be able to create an account and log in to use the Service through the following Third-party Social Media Services:
If you decide to register through or otherwise grant us access to a Third-Party Social Media Service, we may collect Personal data that is already associated with your Third-Party Social Media Service’s account, such as Your name, Your email address, Your activities or Your contact list associated with that account.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences or Your activity on our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies. For more information on how You can delete Flash Cookies, please read “Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?” available at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html#main_Where_can_I_change_the_settings_for_disabling__or_deleting_local_shared_objects_
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted when you close your web browser.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies: These Cookies are essential to provide you with services available through the Website and to enable you to use its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use the website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences each time you use our website.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To manage your requests: To attend and manage your requests to us.
- To provide and maintain our service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage your account: The Personal Data You provide can give you access to different functionalities of the Service.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services you have purchased.
- To contact you: To contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, Whats App, Facebook, LinkedIn or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- For business transfers: We may use your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by us about our service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share your personal information with service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our service.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
- With other users: You may share personal information or otherwise interact in a public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If you interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see your name, profile, pictures and description of Your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile.
- With Your consent: We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The company will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including personal data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices in Malta and Martinique and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of EEA region where the data protection laws may differ. Where data is transferred outside of the EEA, it is done on the basis of appropriate safeguards, for example binding corporate rules, EU model clauses, or a declaration of adequacy.
Copy or Deletion of your Personal Data
You are free to request a copy of the personal data stored with us. Additionally at any time you my withdraw your consent and request your data to be deleted. To receive a complete copy of the data stored with us or to request its deletion, email Pierre MARTIN at: info (att) teamup-management (dot) com. Your data will be set to you or deleted within 5 working days.
Right to Withdraw Consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before the withdrawal.
Right to complain to the relevant data protection authority
You have the right to lodge complaints concerning the processing of their personal data with the competent data protection authority.
The Information and Data Protection Commissioner for Malta is as follows.
Level 2, Airways House
Sliema SLM 1549
T: +356 2328 7100
F: +356 23287198
The Commissioner has the function (among others) of generally protecting individuals’ data protection rights against privacy violations in personal data processing.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or by visiting this page on our website: www.teamup-management.com/shipowner-contact/