Fill out the application, and let us be in touch with you.
We have an extensive, but easy to fill out application procedure. So, don’t be afraid. After completing your profile, you don’t need to search or apply for any job, we will do that for you. To perfectly match you to the right company just fill out the form and upload you documents.
Step 1. Collect your Documents
Having the right certificates is essential for your job at sea. therefore, please note that certain documents and certificates are required to complete the application. We recommend you keep all relevant information ready.
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Yellow Fever Vaccination
- National Seaman’s Book
- Basic Safety Training Certificate
- Personal Survival Techniques
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
- Elementary First Aid (IMO 1.13)
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibility
- Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats
- Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boats
- Advanced Fire Figthing
- Medical First Aid (IMO 1.14)
- Ship Security Awareness – SSA
- Proficiency in Designated Security Duties – PDSD
- Medical Care (IMO 1.15)
- Radar Observer (Bridge Dpt. only)
- A.R.P.A. (Bridge Dpt. only)
- Ship Security Officer
- ECDIS (Bridge Dpt. only)
- Bridge Team Management Training Certificate (Bridge Dpt. only)
- Bridge Resources Management (Bridge Dpt. only)
- Engine Room Team Management (Engine Room only)
- Engine Room Resources Management (Engine Room only)
- ISPS Familiarization
- ISM Code Familiarization
- Security Training
- EA (Environmental awareness)
- Hazardous Cargo Training Certificate (Hazmat)
- GMDSS Operator (Bridge Dpt. only)
- Dental Certificate
- Cholera Vaccination
- U.S.A. Visa
- U.S.A Visa C1/D
- English Language Certificate (English Level may be tested through us)
We recommend that you scan and upload your documents as PDFs, including tools like CamScanner and ScannerPro. If that is not possible for you, you may upload your certificates as a picture, but make sure they are readable. Please view our guidelines for photographing your certificates below.
The more you provide, the faster you can start your new job.
You may upload expired documents. Uploading expired documents is a good way for us to estimate your past experience and skills. We connect you to a training center. Just provide the past expiration date in the date picker field.
Guidelines photographing your certificate
- Include all 4 corners of your document and make sure the edges of the document are not cropped or cut off.
- Take the image in natural daylight and avoid camera flashes or light glare that can hide data.
- Lay the document on a flat surface, holding it open, and take the image from a birds-eye view.
- Make sure no objects (hands/fingers/pieces of paper, etc.) cover any parts of the document.
- If the document has information on two sides, we need to see an image of both the front and back. The image of the front and back must be uploaded.
Good to know: You don’t need to name your documents. Our system does that automatically for you.
Step 2. Film yourself
Create a short introduction video of yourself. This video is for the company to get to know you better.
Answer following questions:
Who are you? Introduce yourself.
What is your name, what languages do you speak? Your credentials, work experience, or other interesting backgrounds.
What are you strength and weaknesses?
Why should a company hire you?
- You must appear in the video.
- Your Video should be between 1 to 3 minutes.
- You must speak English or supply English subtitles.
- Shoot a horizontal video (employers often watch videos on a computer)
- Place your camera/mobile phone on eye level and look into the camera/mobile phone
- Place the camera/mobile phone on a stable surface or use a tripod to keep the video still
- Use natural daylight or powerful lamp lighting from the FRONT
- Even better: Complimentary light from behind + 45 degrees from the front
- Don’t have strong light from the back, that is often not flattering.
- Use quiet surroundings and speak in a clear voice
- Don’t place the microphone very close to your mouth (causing “beatbox” noises and distortion)
- Don’t add music. It will make it harder for the company to listen to you and distract from what you are saying
- Optional: Add subtitles
- Be natural – It’s okay to have notes but do not read directly from a script! Look into the camera, make it as though you are speaking directly to your student.
- Show some personality and smile, it’s the first impression that counts.
- Wear professional clothing as you would for a job interview or CV picture. Ideal are Uniform, white or blue collared shirt, or polo shirt.
- Be clean shaven and have tidy hair.
- A clean and tidy background will make you look more professional
- Don’t show distractions in the background such as moving people
Step 3. Complete the Application Form
The most essential step for you is to fill out our application form. The application form requires you to fill out standard information such as your name, contact details, next of kin, clothing size, and further. The form is extensive; the more information you provide, the better your chances. You can then choose between uploading your CV or manually filling out your previous work history and school education. You can save your progress, remember to do so regularly.
Filling the form will take approximately an hour. You can come back to the application form at any time, just remember to safe your application.
Take your time to fill in all the information correctly. The more information you provide, the faster we can connect you to your future employer.
Tips and tricks while filling application
We provide tips and tricks on how to fill the application form. If your are using a desktop you can find them on the right hand side, if you are using a phone they will be at the bottom of the page.
Tips and Ticks
It is not necessary for you to upload a CV. However, depending on the position you are opting for, a well maintained CV can have a good first impression on your future employer. You are welcome to use our sample CV to craft your seafarer CV. Just download and edit.
Seafarer Clothing Size
Some companies may ask us to provide work clothing for you. Please use this chart to estimate your US Men’s shoe size and coverall size. If you usually wear women shoes, please beware that your men shoe size can be one to two numbers smaller.
Step 4. Submit your Seafarer Application
Once your form is fully and correctly completed, you will be able to submit your application. Please review your application before submitting. After submission, you cannot make any changes to your application.
Step 5. Wait for Us
We will be in contact with a potential job.